Wednesday 5 October 2011

My Daughter and Me

You’ll have to forgive me but this is my first adventure into the world of blogging so I’m not actually sure what the protocol should be in terms of language or even who I should be addressing or what I should be writing. I guess my purpose here is to share my experiences of a huge year for me with the birth of my gorgeous daughter and I think I’m just going to write what I feel at the time.

She’s 13 months old now and it feels like she’s been here forever. I do remember life before her though and I must admit to sometimes missing that life. My wife would say to me “miss what?” - i’m not into sport and don’t have any all consuming hobbies but, still, the thoughts of sleeping in until I wake up, being able to go out without planning anything more strenuous than where to go and a rough idea of how to get home again or planning that holiday to the Maldives or New York are so attractive. I really took my freedom for granted then. Would I go back? Not unless I could come back. My daughter means the world to me and I get all starry eyed when she does something new and normal on the way to becoming my little girl. The first time for her is also the first time for me.

None of this is news for any parents out there reading this I know. Just from talking to my colleagues and friends over the last year I probably have an average to easy little girl (i’m not sure I should be calling her a baby any more!). I hope you find this interesting as I post my thoughts and experiences over the next few weeks and months as my daughter grows and develops and I go through the highs and lows of fatherhood.

I would welcome your comments so please feel free to post.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely :O) Lucky girl to have this to refer to when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete