Monday 24 October 2011

First Independent Steps

You know we have easy weeks and tough weeks with our little girl. Mostly easy weeks thank goodness and this week was an easy one for me. The teeth have settled down for now and she’s sleeping through and everything’s all right in the world. Sure, she has a few tantrums here and there and she’s taking the pee out of me when it comes to feeding time but that’s ok. No temperatures, rashes, loads of smiles and cuddles. Its good.

She got her first pair of shoes the other day. She’s been cruising for a while and she’s just started to walk unaided, tentativley at first, but she’s getting more confident. Its lovely when we catch her talking a sneeky walk when she thinks we’re not looking. She’ll smile, collapse to the floor, clap, we’ll clap and she’ll do it all over again.

We took her out shopping yesterday. Usually we’d just wheel her around in her pram and she’d be happy enough but yesterday I could see she was itching to get out so we spent a great 20 minutes walking up and down the isles. She’s a fast mover on her own now. She can get about 5 meters before she goes down. That’s going to get better. Great fun. Made us think though, we’ll need a strap or a lead for her or she’ll be gone. She’s a demon for getting back in the pram now but a little distraction usually sorts that one out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I really enjoyed reading your blog. Even though I´m not a father myself it is very interesting and insightful to hear your views and thoughts. I´m sure most of these I will experience myself if I become a father. There are instruction manuals for everything these days, but not for kids. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed it and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very truthful account and that you are going to have a lot of wonderful memories! Needless to say your hands will be full but that's what little girls are for...sugar and spice and all that! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete